Baner ac amserau cymru online dating
Ironically, the county of Clwyd was itself abolished on 31st March 1996, after a brief existence of twenty-two years.
At the same time, four new "unitary" authorities were created.
Conwy Archive Access Point, Llandudno Library, Mostyn Street, Llandudno, Conwy.
LL30 2RS Tel: 01492 574010/20 E-mail: llandudno[at]conwy.gov[dot]uk Conwy Archive Access Point, Colwyn Bay Library, Woodland Road West, Colwyn Bay, Conwy.
LL29 7DH Tel: 01492 577 510 E-mail: baecolwynbay[at]conwy.gov[dot]uk National Library of Wales, Department of Manuscripts and Records, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion.
SY23 3BU Tel: 01970 632800 Email: ymh.lc[at]llgc.org[dot]uk Denbighshire Record Office holds microfilms of the original census returns for the whole of the former county of Clwyd (which includes "historic" Denbighshire), and for some adjoining areas, from 1841 to 1901. For a few parishes, lists of names which were made in connection with the census returns prior to 1841 have survived, and have been deposited in the Record Office.
There are chapels for Baptists, Congregationalists, Calvinistic Methodists, and Wesleyans, almshouses, a workhouse, a court-house, and a library and reading-room.
The borough unites with Flint and six other towns in sending a member to Parliament.
It has a very plain and simple exterior, and measures 182 feet in extreme length; the nave with its aisles is 68 feet in width, and the tower 100 feet high.
Fortunately, family historians have been little affected by these changes; because throughout the short lifetime of the county of Clwyd, records for historic Denbighshire remained at the Ruthin branch of the Clwyd Record Office, while records for historic Flintshire remained at the Hawarden branch.
These two offices have now become the county Record Offices for "new" Denbighshire and "new" Flintshire respectively.
Because of this, the Parochial Registers and Records Measure of 1978, regarding the care of parish records of the Church of England, does not apply to Wales.
However - in 1944, the Representative Body of the Church in Wales showed considerable foresight, by making an agreement with the National Library of Wales whereby various Church records would be deposited in the Library; and in 1976, the Representative Body reached an agreement with the majority of the Welsh counties, which designated the county Record Offices as additional suitable repositories.
Members of Clwyd FHS participated in the 1881 Census project - in fact, the first counties to be published were Denbighshire and Flintshire, in 1991.